-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
Quinny
Test cd switch seems to work. OK.
Sounds like your CD is OK then

Originally Posted by
Quinny
I've only mentioned X11 about 4 times so far. .....
You didn't mention it in this thread. You shouldn't expect me or other users to have read or remembered everything that you have written. If you want to point to other things that you have talked about in other threads or at other places on the web you can provide links so people can find what you are talking about.

Originally Posted by
Quinny
Where should I post questions about it?
You likely know more about it at this point than I, but if I'm correct about what it is I would think this foum or the general support forums would both be good choices (there is some overlap so it's not always easy to say what the best choice for a post is. It is much simpler to determine when a post has been put in a forum where it doesn't fit at all or when there is a much better choice.) But don't suddenly ask about a topic like X11 when the original topic of the thread had no relation to it, in this case that topic being how to check a CD.

Originally Posted by
Quinny
BTW I seem to be getting a command prompt where standard UNIX commands work. How do I load an desktop or application?
If you used the 2 cheat code in your boot line, then you told Knoppix to not start the KDE desktop. You san still run a non-graphical program by typing it's name at the command prompt. For example: ping or man. If you are not using the 2 then the kde desktop should have started, it could be that there is some issue with your hardware that is keeping it from starting (which implies that maybe the question could go in the hardware forum. I would put it there if you ralated it to particular hardware like your video controler. I would keep to the other two forums if it were a more general question about X11.) There may be some way to start X, KDE and or other GUI tools at the command prompt (like startx). But I really don't know what the proper way to do this is in Debian/Knoppix. Which is likely why I didn't get involved in other threads where you mentioned X11.
Similar Threads
-
By broy in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-16-2003, 06:06 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Micron 1300 MTFDDAK256TDL 256 GB SATA III 2.5 in Solid State Drive
$24.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$42.99

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00