-
W-LAN Ericsson ha691 Pcmcia
Hi! I am new to linux, Knoppix is really cool!!
I have a Sony Vaio laptop and want to surf the net with my Pcmcia Ericsson HA691 and Ericsson Router,unfortunately in Knoppix 4.0 i didn't find any right configuration for that.
Googled for any ericsson HA691 drivers without results.
Any help please?
-
I add more info>
When booting linux i see:
CardMgr 1539 starting version 3.2.5
CardMgr Socket 0 Siemens Gigaset Pc Card ||
CardMgr Executing modprobe atmel_cs
CardMgr Executing ./network start eth0
.. /sbin/ifconfig eth0 up
../sbin/pump -i eth0 > dev/null
Then when i run the console with: Su root privileges
iwconfig eth0 i receive:
IEEE 802.11-DS ESSID: ``
Mode managed Frequency: 2.427Mhz Access point FF:00.00.00.00....
Bitrate 11Mb/s
retry min limit 7 rts thr
ff fragment thr: off
encryption: off
power management: off link quality:0 signal level:0 noise: 0
with ifconfig in console i read:
inet address 127.0.0.0 mask 255.0.0.0 (but i know my router i setted up to mask 255.255.255.24
up loopback running mtu: 16436 metric:1
i also have tryed command Pump -i eth0 but result error.
Please help me.
-
Hmm! Finally i configured my W-lan card this night!
I used Netcardconfig command
filled all the settings in the wizard and then run
Pump -i eth0 (where eth0 is my W-lan card).
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
NoTech
Hmm! Finally i configured my W-lan card this night!
I used Netcardconfig
compiled all the settings and then run
Pump -i eth0 (where eth0 is my W-lan)
You compiled with netcardconfig? It's not a compiler. I think you are using the word improperly and have no idea what you did. I hardly see how you could have done all the wireless setup with netcardconfig either, since it has no concept of wireless settings like SSID.
Perhaps you would be willing to document the actual full commands that you did (like you did for pump) for each step?
-
Sorry,I have corrected now.
NetcardConfig is all I used,it asked me for my SSID too.
The only problem I have now is to restore settings from floppy:
On linux boot I write down:
Linux myconfig=//mnt/auto/floppy
I also have tryed:
linux myconfig=scan
Both without success,could you suggest me the right command? Thank you.
Similar Threads
-
By yuri refolo in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-07-2006, 11:21 PM
-
By gjhicks in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-01-2005, 05:44 AM
-
By w00dy986 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-02-2004, 05:04 PM
-
By bcalder in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-17-2004, 10:36 AM
-
By Guest in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-26-2002, 03:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech
$747.99