-
Junior Member
registered user
Browsing my Windows 98 computer files
Now... how can I access the folders in my windows box on the networkd? I read somewhere that I need to use LinNeighborhood, is this correct? Do I need to install anything? Samba?
Thanks
Tovi
-
Senior Member
registered user
You can use either, both should be installed although I've never use them so I can't really tell you much about using. To see a list of packages installed on your computer in a console window dpkg -l | less which lists the packages installed one screen at a time. The | is shift + \ is case you don't know.
Similar Threads
-
By SouthernComfort in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-24-2005, 09:29 PM
-
By hood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-17-2005, 12:05 AM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 01:22 PM
-
By dpdpdp in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 10:39 AM
-
By standmatt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 05:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor
$249.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Intel Xeon W-2145 SR3LQ 3.7GHz 8core Server-Processor
$99.00