-
Mandrake rescue partition table
I was installing a Mandrake distrubution and i modified the partition table. I was hoping I could fix the mistake with Knoppix. I installed but then could boot into it with the boot loader, becuase the only Linux partition was hdb5. I am trying to get the hard drive partition so that there is a big windows partition, and a small swap and the Linux partition. So Windows=hdb1 Swap=hdb2 Linux=hdb3. But then there is an error and somehow the Linux partition became hdb5, but there are only three paritions. The Windows parition and hda are ok, but when I try to install again, I get the error"
"I cant read the partition table of device hdb, it is too corrupted for me
. I can try to go on erasing over bad partitions (all data will be lost) The other solution is to not allow DrakeX to modify the partition table. (The error is /proc/partition doesnt agree with drakex 3 !=0:
)"
The smiley wasnt really like that, it changed when I posted, it looked like this :,( without the comma.
It then ask if i agree to lose all of the partitions, and if I say no, it just goes with the rest of the installation, but I am not going to hit es. Can someone please help me.
Similar Threads
-
By Nevermore in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-17-2009, 01:59 PM
-
By yonatan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 02-17-2005, 02:00 AM
-
By rohandhruva in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-12-2004, 05:39 PM
-
By NormanBates in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 08-21-2004, 06:46 AM
-
By Canis in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-13-2003, 07:52 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell T7910 Workstation Tower Homelab AI Server PC - Xeon CPU - NO HDD/RAM/GPU
$279.99

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

Intel Xeon Gold 6248R 3.0GHz 24-Core SRGZG 35.75MB LGA3647 Server CPU Processor
$269.99

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

HP Z4 G4 WORKSTATION | INTEL XEON W-2245 3.9GHZ | 512GB | 16GB | NO OS
$299.99

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX
$149.99

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10
$109.99