I always have a question about memory size and screen resolution, in the old time it is simple, just multiply the resolution with color space will do, ie. 1024 x 768 times N [8bit:1, 16bit:2, 24bit:3], if I want 256 colors I only need 768K so that a 1M card will do the job. But after trying different distro I get confused, I got an old PC with integrated video using 1M shared memory, it uses Intel i810 chip, but I can not use the driver comes with the OS(3.9), so I use VESA instead. The best it can do is 800x600@16bit that's what I expected, coz 800x600x2 is just less than 1M. But strange thing is that, the same PC running ubuntu can do 1024x768 at 16 or 24bit, I don't know how to check it on Gnome but obviously it is more than 256 colors. Can someone tell me what's going on here ?

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$56.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
HP 240GB Enterprise 5100 PRO 2.5" SATA SSD Solid State Drive MTFDDAK240TCB
$24.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
Samsung 512GB PCIe NVMe m.2 SSD Solid State Drive MZVLW512HMJP-000L7 MZ-VLB5120
$51.99
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99
KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00