Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Segmentation fault in 45xsession (remastering Knoppix 3.9)

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272

    Segmentation fault in 45xsession (remastering Knoppix 3.9)

    I have made four attempts to remaster Knoppix 3.9 but not succeeded.

    First I reversed to an older and stable UNIONFS. Then I could make a remastered version but there were something missing e.g. my programs from kicker panel, and I was not satisfied.

    Then I updated KDE from 3.4.0 to 3.4.1. Now I could not even start KDE from remastered CD anymore. The error message was 'segmentation fault' in 45xsession in line 64. Has somenthing changed in KDE 3.4.1 or was there some knoppix configuration files which are now replaced? This must have something to do with newer KDE.

    In my third attempt I commented line 64 in 45xsession, and following lines of that section (these caused segmentation fault in my previous attempt). Then I placed {.kde*,Desktop} back in line 128 Now I could do a remastering but with same result as in my first attempt. But KDE started anyhow.

    Next attempt was to remove {.kde*,Desktop} from line 128. Now I got 'segmentation fault' error again but now in line 122. Those same lines starting from 64 was also commented out as in my previous attempt.

    Ist this impossible thing to remaster Knoppix 3.9 after updating KDE? Perhaps coming KDE 3.4.2 would make things easier or what do you think? Am I wasting my time with this because in this forum nobody has reported of success in remastering Knoppix 3.9 as far as I know?

    I have used menu based scripts in my remasterings.


    -tapsa-

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    103
    I do not think that this is related to kde 3.4. It is related to the buggy UnionFS. I did remastered it, but I got the same bug I use to get when i used the original one even after replacing the UnionFS. If you are looking for a kde 3.4 distro, try remastring Kanotix 2005-3 using the scripts in this forum. However, to make an iso you need to use the command for the grub. I wish that James makes an option in his scripts to handle it also.

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.8 Segmentation Fault
    By bluestick in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 02:33 PM
  2. Segmentation Fault in Knoppix 3.8
    By bluestick in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 11:09 AM
  3. After remastering Knoppix 3.6, hwsetup Segmentation Fault!
    By alexl in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-17-2004, 02:36 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-09-2004, 06:41 AM
  5. Segmentation Fault on chroot source/KNOPPIX
    By britthouser in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2004, 03:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$282.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



Window FX Family Friendly Halloween Collection USB Flash Drive 6 Videos 723046 picture

Window FX Family Friendly Halloween Collection USB Flash Drive 6 Videos 723046

$24.99