Hi I boot into Knoppix 4.0 and everything is dectected able to read My NTFS but not able to run fdisk
says "not able to open drive" I have a SATA drive... any clues?
whoppis wrong forum
Hi I boot into Knoppix 4.0 and everything is dectected able to read My NTFS but not able to run fdisk
says "not able to open drive" I have a SATA drive... any clues?
whoppis wrong forum
Yeah wrong forum.
Anyway, the default user is 'knoppix' and this user does not have permissions to run administrative tools such fdisk on the drive. To enable the default user to run admin tools, put a 'sudo' in front of the command:
sudo fdisk /dev/hda
or
sudo fdisk /dev/sda
If you so desire, you can run cfdisk (a more friendly fdisk) instead of regular fdisk.
what would be the root password or how would I setup the su password...
Are you running Knoppix 4.0 from the DVD-R itself? Is it installed to a hard drive?
Info on managing and changing root password is http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11500
thanks for the quick responds ya im using the DVD and its not install to the HD.....

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99