How slow?
I installed the debian using knoppix 3.9, but I found it is very slow to mount a nfs disk compared with previous one. What may cause such a problem? Thanks!
How slow?
More than 10 minutes! Sometime a day!
But for other machine, it takes no time.
My best guess: You burnt the CD at too high of a speed.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
So confused. The system is already installed successfully. There should have nothing to do with the knoppix 3.9 CD. The speed of the network is normal. Only when mounting the nfs disk, it takes a long time. Are some system services missing?
I guess you also consider it other people fault for not guesing you had "install" knoppix. Why in the world are you posting this in the Networking forum???? So confused!Originally Posted by ismxray
I have the same problem with Knoppix 3.9 running from CD: nfs mounts incredibly slow. I burnt a new CD and the problem persists. I started portmap and nfs from init.d and by hand - didn't help. Access control in hosts.deny and hosts.allow is completely disabled (all entries are commented out).
Any comments are greatly appreciated.
Harry, I realize that people should generally be a lot more explicit in stating the situation for their problems, but what's the deal with every problem that occurs after a HD install having to go under the HD Install topic? That topic is already the biggest, I don't think it's productive to lump everything possible in their. In addition it's not like their isn't overlap between topics. It's madness to say that an NFS mount isn't at least as much a networking issue as it is an installation issue.Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
Insisting that the world is wrong and all post HD install issues must go under that topic is nothing but a path to eternal frustration. Accepting that most people would rather post problems under the most specific topic available would create a lot less headaches for you in the long run (and no matter how many people you tell otherwise, forum newbies will continue the behavior).

SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH
$649.95
Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99
Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu
$399.95
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99
G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 DIMM XMP RAM
$105.00
Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$164.95
Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz
$87.00
Kingston FURY Beast 32GB 3200MT/s DDR4 CL16 Desktop Memory Single Module
$219.99
LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) RAM DDR4 4000MHz
$170.00