Code:apt-get install samba
Ok... so I installed Knoppix on my HD without Samba. Now I want to browse the shared files on my home network with my other Windows PCs. My questions are:
Do I need to install it?
If yes, do I have to re-install Knoppix to my HD answering Yes to Samba or can I install it some other way?
How?
Thanks
Tovi
Code:apt-get install samba
Code:apt-get install samba
Thanks.. got it working and I'm now browsing my network with LinNeighborhood.
Even set up vncviewer and was able to control my desktop !!!!!!!!!!!
I'm starting to like this !!!!!!!!!!!!
Huh- must be a two-for-one post day?? Glad you got it working.

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00