Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Help to a newbie part 2

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5

    Help to a newbie part 2

    Ok, i tried to load Knoppix once again and this is the part where I get stuck,
    Caldera DR-DOS 7.03
    [DR-DOS] A:\>

    Dearpeople, what do I have to type?
    As long as I was reading, the user interface shall appear after loading the CD into the CD Rom.
    Why it is not appearing in this case?

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    228
    Remove the floppy disk from the floppy disk drive and change the BIOS settings to boot from CD-ROM.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5
    Hi Ockham23, thanks for your answer, listen I have 2 drives, a CD and a DVD Recorder drive, I've set the settings to boot from the CD in this case E:
    I have disabled the Floppy drive, so, doesnt appear in the system. But still is appearing the message and command line [DR-DOS] A:\>
    How can I solve this problem?

  5. #5
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    no help for you

    You posted a message with an absolutely useless subject line of Help to a newbie. If everyone wanting help did this the forums would be useless.

    You posted another thread on the same supject, considered spamming the website.

    You again used a useless topic line.

    You didn't even bother to post in the forum about booting.

    I know exactly what is wrong, I've lost count of the number of people I'vce helped with this exact problem.

    I have said in the past that I will not help people who post the way you do. I am sticking by that, and I rather hope others don't provide help either.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Your problem & its solution is in the Downloading FAQ. I know this because I put it there myself.

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    74
    You must change the boot squence so that CD boots first even you already disabled the FDD, or your CD has problem can not read so that the BIOS will boot from the 2nd device ie. your FDD.

    ED. Is your CD drive external USB ?

Similar Threads

  1. Part Image - won't
    By MickKi in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2005, 12:42 PM
  2. Part Image - won't
    By MickKi in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2005, 12:39 PM
  3. cant write to hdd (Part II)
    By boo ya in forum General Support
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 06:14 PM
  4. Fun with V3.6 - Part Deux - timezones
    By el_supremo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2004, 08:33 PM
  5. Fun with V3.6 - Part One - Open Office
    By el_supremo in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2004, 01:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16) picture

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)

$64.99



16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS

$65.00



SK Hynix 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2400T (HMA81GU6AFR8N-UH) DDR4 Desktop ram picture

SK Hynix 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2400T (HMA81GU6AFR8N-UH) DDR4 Desktop ram

$25.99



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture

[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.

$299.99



Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 RAM 3200MHz X2YH1K-MIE picture

Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 RAM 3200MHz X2YH1K-MIE

$150.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980 picture

16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980

$39.99



CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO-  32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard picture

CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard

$370.00