Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Help to a newbie part 2

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5

    Help to a newbie part 2

    Ok, i tried to load Knoppix once again and this is the part where I get stuck,
    Caldera DR-DOS 7.03
    [DR-DOS] A:\>

    Dearpeople, what do I have to type?
    As long as I was reading, the user interface shall appear after loading the CD into the CD Rom.
    Why it is not appearing in this case?

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    228
    Remove the floppy disk from the floppy disk drive and change the BIOS settings to boot from CD-ROM.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5
    Hi Ockham23, thanks for your answer, listen I have 2 drives, a CD and a DVD Recorder drive, I've set the settings to boot from the CD in this case E:
    I have disabled the Floppy drive, so, doesnt appear in the system. But still is appearing the message and command line [DR-DOS] A:\>
    How can I solve this problem?

  5. #5
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    no help for you

    You posted a message with an absolutely useless subject line of Help to a newbie. If everyone wanting help did this the forums would be useless.

    You posted another thread on the same supject, considered spamming the website.

    You again used a useless topic line.

    You didn't even bother to post in the forum about booting.

    I know exactly what is wrong, I've lost count of the number of people I'vce helped with this exact problem.

    I have said in the past that I will not help people who post the way you do. I am sticking by that, and I rather hope others don't provide help either.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Your problem & its solution is in the Downloading FAQ. I know this because I put it there myself.

  7. #7
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    74
    You must change the boot squence so that CD boots first even you already disabled the FDD, or your CD has problem can not read so that the BIOS will boot from the 2nd device ie. your FDD.

    ED. Is your CD drive external USB ?

Similar Threads

  1. Part Image - won't
    By MickKi in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2005, 12:42 PM
  2. Part Image - won't
    By MickKi in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2005, 12:39 PM
  3. cant write to hdd (Part II)
    By boo ya in forum General Support
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 06:14 PM
  4. Fun with V3.6 - Part Deux - timezones
    By el_supremo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2004, 08:33 PM
  5. Fun with V3.6 - Part One - Open Office
    By el_supremo in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2004, 01:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO-  32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard picture

CPU-RAM-MOBO COMBO- 32gb DDR4 3600MHz, i5 CPU, Asus Prime Motherboard

$370.00



Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6 picture

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6

$14.99



GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4 picture

GAMING COMBO: ASUS Prime H470M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-10600KF CPU + 16GB DDR4

$229.95



Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU picture

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU

$74.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

Intel Core i5-14600KF Unlocked Desktop Processor

$259.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$69.99



Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES Desktop CPU

$109.99



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$175.00