Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Booting problem (title recommended by Harry Kuhman )

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5

    Booting problem (title recommended by Harry Kuhman )



    well, appollogises to the forum, for the fact of using the forbiden words, etc.
    Well, as my problem persist, I would be really glad to get any help.
    problem:

    I have 2 drives, a CD and a DVD Recorder drive, I've set the settings to boot from the CD in this case E:
    I have disabled the Floppy drive, so, doesnt appear in the system. But still is appearing the message and command line [DR-DOS] A:\>
    How can I solve this problem?

    Solution:
    ? it is in the hands of the forum,

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    From a "private message" that I received:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurgham
    Hi Harry, could you please give me the solution to the problem?
    Im not that young, im 60 years old and most of this things I dont understand.

    Best regards,
    It's all right in the downloading faq that I pointed you too. If there is something in the FAQ that isn't clear, feel free to post a question and I'll be glad to either answer it or fix the FAQ so that it is clear.

    I can give you the simple answer to your problem. But read the rest of this message before you burn again.
    You first problem is that you are trying to make the CD bootable. That is wrong.

    You need to read the FAQ though, because I'm certain that you are doing other things wrong too. The FAQ exists for a reason. We will fix it if it needs corrected or if more information needs added, but I can't do much more for you than just retype eveything in the faq to you again.

    If you post again, either do it in one of your many existing threads or at lest put the next thread in the froum where it belongs, the hardware and booting forum. I understand that English may not be your first language, but you are in an English forum and your English is quite good, so I cannot see that being a problem. Being 60 doesn't really excuse three posts in the wrong forum, even after my long explination in the second and the link to the post about using the correct forum that was in the forum you posted in and pointed to by my first post in both of your first two threads. I'm in my 50's myself.

    Plaease don't PM me again on this issue. I help plenty of people in the forums, but at least want to be able to kid myself that some people might read the posts of others and learn something rather than ask the same questions again and again. In fact, ths has been discussed many times and discussion of it could be quickly found with the forum search feature and almost any of the words in your posts. Try Caldera and DR-DOS for example.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Your problem & its solution is in the Downloading FAQ. I know this because I put it there myself.

Similar Threads

  1. Harry, adding wireless networking document on FAQ
    By chip.ling in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 11:43 PM
  2. Harry I fixed it!!!
    By devashish in forum Networking
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 05:09 PM
  3. Missing title bars on windows in KDE
    By boosey in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 06:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick

$165.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original

$39.98



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$391.59



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$7.99



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



FLASHFORGE AD5X Upgraded Multi-Color 3D Printer CoreXY High-Speed Auto Refill US picture

FLASHFORGE AD5X Upgraded Multi-Color 3D Printer CoreXY High-Speed Auto Refill US

$349.00



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99