-
Help - Remaster failing to boot
Hi,
First off I want to say I love Knoppix. I'm a NetAdmin and it has saved me a few times. I have incorporated it into my disaster recovery plan.
I want to remaster it to be able to add and remove some programs specific to my needs.
I have been successful in pairing down Knoppix but I haven't been able to get my new iso to boot.
I am using an existing Linux (RedHat 7.3) system that has EXT3 partitions.
Here is the process I used to remaster. Maybe someone can tell me what I did wrong:
- I started using the KnoppixRemasteringHowTo from www.knoppix.net.
- I am able to get to point of chroot to do my customizations
- The customizing:
run apt-get update
run apt-get install aptitude
run aptitude to remove programs - I didn't add any at this point
once my selections are made I use the download option to do it's thing
I notice that sysinit seems to get upgraded as does LILO
The LILO part of the upgrade asks if I want to make new configs - I say no
- after aptitude does it's thing I continue with the RemasterFAQ
- I am able to make the iso with no problem
The problem now is it won't boot.
I get the message that it wants the root password to enter the maintenance mode. This happens during the AutoMount part of the boot up. (I can post the exact message - it's quite long) It seems like it fails trying to fsck an EXT2 partition.
Can anyone point me in the right direction? Once I get my "NetAdmin" version of Knoppix working I will gladly upload it for everyone to get.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Sheldon
Similar Threads
-
By Qizz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 02:58 AM
-
By denisvh in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-20-2004, 05:51 PM
-
By nishtya in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-29-2004, 03:45 AM
-
By todsr1 in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 10:36 AM
-
By tfitzgex in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 05:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

Atari 800 Computer CX801 10K ROM Personality Module CX801 - Works Perfectly
$23.95

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

Atari 810 FLOPPY DISK DRIVE
$47.99

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

VTG Atari 130XE Home Computer System 130 XE Parts or Repair READ
$150.00