Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Another boot problem

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1

    Another boot problem

    I did a search on the forums and found similiar topics but none of them work.
    I start Knoppix (have tried size/xmodule/noagp) and when it gets to "Starting X11" the screen goes into hibernate mode.
    Knoppix still starts as I hear the boot sound from my speakers.
    It is not my cd, it starts perfectly on an older less powerful system.

    I have a Geforce fx 5200 (currently set up for dual monitor), I figured this was the problem but I am not sure what to do.
    Would I need to change back to the integrated video card or can I get it to work with this card?

    Also, I have an LCD screen which may be the problem as well.

    Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    I have a Geforce fx 5200 (currently set up for dual monitor), I figured this was the problem but I am not sure what to do.

    Also, I have an LCD screen which may be the problem as well.
    If you can, plug two monitors or LCD screens into the dual ports. Then turn both on & boot up Knoppix. It is possible that it is using 1 or the other video ports. In fact I have seen Windows XP do it too -> turn on monitor. Then turn on PC. Gets to BIOS then loading Windows XP. Then looks like it dies but Windows XP is really running on the other port with the other monitor.

Similar Threads

  1. boot problem
    By sonsrey in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-10-2010, 03:49 PM
  2. Boot loader problem with XP Pro/Knoppix Dual boot
    By destro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 11:08 PM
  3. Problem: GX620 boot from CD problem
    By sid_galt in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-27-2005, 10:02 PM
  4. USB Boot problem
    By codeforge in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 05:06 PM
  5. Boot problem
    By SK in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-30-2003, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch picture

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch

$115.00



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99