Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How do I fix a blankscreen

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2

    How do I fix a blankscreen

    I am new to using Linix, I have tried to boot Knopix off a cd several time and very time the computer hangs with a blank screen. I have tried booting with the expert cheat code and I still have not been able to get the screen to work, does anyone have any idea how to fix this. Thanks

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    58
    Blessings,
    I too am new to these forums Welcome, and learn long. Here could be a number of reasons for the problem. the most likely is a corrupt CD. Download again if needed &/or run the testcd option on a known good machine. Next: what version knoppix, what laptop/ desktop/ processor and vid card if you know it. Then we can take the next step. It the testcd says it is okay run the md5 sums and then if that's ok we can see what the hardware, or M$ problem is. Does the machine run Win XP pro and which SP 1 or 2?

    By My hand, I Remain~
    Captain Cautious

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2
    Thank you for the response, I did run a testcd and it came back ok, I have a Dell Insperon 6000 with a 1.5GHz Pentium M with an intrgrated vid card, with 512ram. I am run Win XP Pro SP2.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    17
    Try booting with knoppix vga=normal. Maybe your laptop doesn't like framebuffer console mode.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P picture

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P

$71.49



MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ... picture

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...

$89.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00



ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard

$351.99