-
Laptop stops at Start X11...
I'm trying to get some files off of a friend's laptop, Compaq Presario V2000, before I re-image it cause it won't load the Windows XP. I put in the Knoppix 3.8 and it goes through the process, but stops at "Starting X11...". I have tried booting in fb1024x768, fb800x600, expert, and nothing. I have been able to drill down to the files via commands with help of a friend, however when I try to copy the files to the flash drive, the files don't copy. I reboot to get Knoppix to recognize the flash drive (uba1), I use the command cp "filename" /mnt/uba1, and it moves it. When I take the flash drive out and place in another pc - its blank. When I reboot without the flash drive (to make sure I have the write name) it does not show the uba1. I have tried booting in failsafe, but the Hard drive icon does not appear on the desktop, and I am unable to drill to the hda1 directory to get to her files. So if someone can help me with one of the three ways mentioned above so that I can get her files, I'd greatly appreciate it.
1. Stops at Starting X11... - how do I get it to continue and load the gui?
2. It appears that I'm not moving the files over to the flashdrive properly via the command lines. What is the correct way?
3. If I boot in failsafe, how can I get to the files and copy them over to the flashdrive?
Similar Threads
-
By slam666 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-05-2006, 07:32 PM
-
By rahrah in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-31-2006, 08:46 PM
-
By n0aim in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-25-2005, 11:21 PM
-
By siggy in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 10-08-2005, 01:03 AM
-
By u.jochum in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-05-2003, 08:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

YEALINK T34W PHONE & 2 MONTHS OF PHONE SERVICE
$65.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99

Cisco CP-8851-3PW-NA-K9 IP Phone MPP Multiplatform VoIP 4 New Open Box
$74.99

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99