Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: I need to go linux from window

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Goa, India
    Posts
    2

    I need to go linux from window

    I have a small network of windows, mostly used for internet-surfing (my lan share internet through ICS of gateway winxp machine). All clients have web-browser/yahoo- msn instant messenger/ ms word/excell etc and acrobat reader. I want to install linux in my client computers with above functionality i.e. web-browsing/ some office package/ chat clients/ acrobat reader etc.
    I am still reading and reading to know if Knoppix is choice for me and if I can start linux from cd and can use my harddisk to install the above applications with a proper conf file!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: I need to go linux from window

    Quote Originally Posted by miscos
    I have a small network of windows, mostly used for internet-surfing (my lan share internet through ICS of gateway winxp machine). All clients have web-browser/yahoo-
    Konqueror, Mozilla, Opera, Dillo, etc.
    msn instant messenger/
    Gaim (there may be more Instant messenger clients- I don't use em.)
    ms word/excell etc
    Open Office, Abiword, Kedit.

    and acrobat reader.
    Acrobat reader, xpdf
    I want to install linux in my client computers with above functionality i.e. web-browsing/ some office package/ chat clients/ acrobat reader etc.
    Easy enough to install and Knoppix has all that you want.

    I am still reading and reading to know if Knoppix is choice for me and if I can start linux from cd and can use my harddisk to install the above applications with a proper conf file!
    If you install Knoppix you will install all of the packages I have listed above. I'm not sure what you're asking when you say "proper conf file".

Similar Threads

  1. Where did Window Maker go?
    By bigkahuna in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 05:01 PM
  2. Window to Linux
    By newLinux in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 11:31 PM
  3. I need to go linux from window
    By miscos in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-01-2003, 03:38 AM
  4. csh window pops up and goes away
    By chessasaur in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-28-2003, 09:31 PM
  5. Question re: Log-Out window...
    By howagood in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 09:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600

$239.99



Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB SAS 12Gb ST4000NM0025 7200 512n 3.5 HDD picture

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB SAS 12Gb ST4000NM0025 7200 512n 3.5 HDD

$48.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive picture

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5

Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD (V6313)

$61.56



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5

New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD

$137.59