Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: I need to go linux from window

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Goa, India
    Posts
    2

    I need to go linux from window

    I have a small network of windows, mostly used for internet-surfing (my lan share internet through ICS of gateway winxp machine). All clients have web-browser/yahoo- msn instant messenger/ ms word/excell etc and acrobat reader. I want to install linux in my client computers with above functionality i.e. web-browsing/ some office package/ chat clients/ acrobat reader etc.
    I am still reading and reading to know if Knoppix is choice for me and if I can start linux from cd and can use my harddisk to install the above applications with a proper conf file!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    colorado springs, colorado
    Posts
    1,933

    Re: I need to go linux from window

    Quote Originally Posted by miscos
    I have a small network of windows, mostly used for internet-surfing (my lan share internet through ICS of gateway winxp machine). All clients have web-browser/yahoo-
    Konqueror, Mozilla, Opera, Dillo, etc.
    msn instant messenger/
    Gaim (there may be more Instant messenger clients- I don't use em.)
    ms word/excell etc
    Open Office, Abiword, Kedit.

    and acrobat reader.
    Acrobat reader, xpdf
    I want to install linux in my client computers with above functionality i.e. web-browsing/ some office package/ chat clients/ acrobat reader etc.
    Easy enough to install and Knoppix has all that you want.

    I am still reading and reading to know if Knoppix is choice for me and if I can start linux from cd and can use my harddisk to install the above applications with a proper conf file!
    If you install Knoppix you will install all of the packages I have listed above. I'm not sure what you're asking when you say "proper conf file".

Similar Threads

  1. Where did Window Maker go?
    By bigkahuna in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 05:01 PM
  2. Window to Linux
    By newLinux in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-04-2004, 11:31 PM
  3. I need to go linux from window
    By miscos in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-01-2003, 03:38 AM
  4. csh window pops up and goes away
    By chessasaur in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-28-2003, 09:31 PM
  5. Question re: Log-Out window...
    By howagood in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 09:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On picture

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On

$100.00



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$329.00



Parceiro 1.1 Black Edition for Amiga 1000, 8MB Fast RAM, RTC, 16GB SD, Tested picture

Parceiro 1.1 Black Edition for Amiga 1000, 8MB Fast RAM, RTC, 16GB SD, Tested

$249.99



Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000 picture

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000

$249.00



Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested picture

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested

$225.00



HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit picture

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit

$888.50



BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5

BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC

$52.99



Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2 picture

Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2

$75.00



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99