-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: I need to go linux from window

Originally Posted by
miscos
I have a small network of windows, mostly used for internet-surfing (my lan share internet through ICS of gateway winxp machine). All clients have web-browser/yahoo-
Konqueror, Mozilla, Opera, Dillo, etc.
Gaim (there may be more Instant messenger clients- I don't use em.)
Open Office, Abiword, Kedit.
Acrobat reader, xpdf
I want to install linux in my client computers with above functionality i.e. web-browsing/ some office package/ chat clients/ acrobat reader etc.
Easy enough to install and Knoppix has all that you want.
I am still reading and reading to know if Knoppix is choice for me and if I can start linux from cd and can use my harddisk to install the above applications with a proper conf file!
If you install Knoppix you will install all of the packages I have listed above. I'm not sure what you're asking when you say "proper conf file".
Similar Threads
-
By bigkahuna in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-19-2005, 05:01 PM
-
By newLinux in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-04-2004, 11:31 PM
-
By miscos in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-01-2003, 03:38 AM
-
By chessasaur in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-28-2003, 09:31 PM
-
By howagood in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-19-2003, 09:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p
$89.99

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)
$361.91

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99