-
Problem with Knoppix on Fujitsu Siemens Laptop
When I insert the Knoppix disk into the cd drive it boots ok. But at some stages in the booting process (always a different stage) the laptop just turns off by itself, it once even got into kde just to show me that I have -1% battery power and then it switched off.(My battery was full AND the laptop was plugged in). I have a Fujutsi Siemens Amilo laptop. I would really appreciate some help cause I love Knoppix and really want to use it!
-
Hi there, I've got a FS Amilo K7600 and have no problems at all. So could you supply us with some more info so we can determine what could be the problem?
Have you tried some of the cheat codes start knoppix in different modes? See by starting knoppix F2 and F3 for the cheatcodes/ options.
And wich version off knoppix are you running?
-
I have not tried any cheatcodes yet. Don't know what to try and how! I have Knoppix v. 3.8.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I have had the same problem with my Fujitsu-Siemens AMILO A1640.
This error only happens with the live-cd or a hdd-installation "as the live cd".
A hdd-installation as a debian-system does not have these problems but has other problems like sound not working.
-
HI,
same prob on my amilo d 7830!
It seemd to be the 2.6 Kernel, because older KNOPPIX (e.g. 3.4) boots correct.
Sometimes, 3.9 boots also correct.
I tried a lot of bootcodes, whitout any success
Frank
-
Hi again,
a "knoppix nohwsetup 5" works for me.
I didn' t test, all HW, because I needed only a rescue system.
But I hope, there is a real solution for our problem.
Frank
Similar Threads
-
By dr_Fell in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-04-2007, 07:16 PM
-
By Sodman74 in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-03-2006, 12:09 AM
-
By DF-Denis in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-02-2005, 06:30 PM
-
By easy2003 in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-31-2005, 05:03 PM
-
By www.rzr.online.fr in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-17-2003, 02:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND
$179.99

AMD Ryzen 7 8700G 8-Core 16-Thread Radeon 780M LGA 1718 4.2GHz Desktop Processor
$169.97

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

Intel Core i9-11900K Unlocked 8-Core 3.5 GHz UP To 5.3 GHz🚀 LGA 1200 Processor
$250.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core AM5 Desktop Processor 5.2GHz MPN 100-100001084WOF
$385.00

Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex
$159.99