Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: overnet and knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1

    overnet and knoppix

    Hi,

    How i can open TCP port 4661 , 4662 and UDP port 4665. As far as I found out, those ports are closed by deafalut, and that is a reasion why my ovenet p2p client does not work?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    You shouldn't have to open any ports on Knoppix. Just like on Windows, I can run Firefox, AIM, Azureus, eDonkey or any other internet application without having to adjust network settings. Now you _may_ have to open ports on your firewall/router/gateway device. But you would have to do this for Knoppix, Windows or Mac.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderScore
    ... Now you _may_ have to open ports on your firewall/router/gateway device. But you would have to do this for Knoppix, Windows or Mac.
    Iwant to say a thing in this argument.
    I've damned me with bittorrent. No any way to work with it. No installing the official bt in wXP, neither installing various clients in knoppix via apt-get or klik. I thought my issue wat my NAT firewall on my lan, so I'm gone to lurking forums and hows-to over the net to search the solution, that seemed to be somewhat like 'porting redirection' in my dsl router. I've tryed and retryed many settings without succes.
    [OT]
    One day, having problems to print in knoppix with my HP psc2210, I would to get a look at ubuntu, and it recognized and worked with my printer on the fly
    [/OT] :P
    also I noticed in programs list something called gnome-bittorent so I've tryed it. wow!! it automagically just worked!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core Ultra 9 CPU 285K 24 cores (8 P-cores + 16 E-cores) up to 5.7 Ghz picture

Intel Core Ultra 9 CPU 285K 24 cores (8 P-cores + 16 E-cores) up to 5.7 Ghz

$475.00



Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS picture

Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS

$67.99



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor

$14.49



Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor

$62.95



Intel Core i5-13500@2.50 GHz SRMBM Socket FCLGA1700 Processor picture

Intel Core [email protected] GHz SRMBM Socket FCLGA1700 Processor

$159.99



Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6 picture

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6

$10.99



Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD picture

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD

$27.99