-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi Ewan,
just like you I had been looking for a way to combine both Windows and Linux. Here is my solution:
- On my desktop computer (AMD Sempron 3100+, 512 MB RAM, 80 GB hard disk) I installed Windows XP and VMWare Workstation for Windows, a non-free program similar to Microsoft's Virtual PC. Within VMWare Workstation, I can have as many virtual Linux installs as I like, and switching between Windows and Knoppix only takes a second. VMWare offers a 30 thirty day evaluation version, so you may want to test it on your PC.
- As a backup solution, I bought an older Pentium III notebook on eBay that I set up to do a "traditional" dual boot.
Conversely, it also possible to run Windows from within VMWare Workstation for Linux, but I haven't tried it yet.
I hope you'll find my comments helpful.
Similar Threads
-
By geojunk in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-29-2006, 02:36 PM
-
By mahdi in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-09-2005, 05:10 PM
-
By rohandhruva in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-11-2004, 07:02 PM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 05:03 AM
-
By wooac in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-08-2004, 06:47 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard
$80.00

Vintage IMSAI S-100 Computer CRT System w/ Boards Nonworking Parts/Repair
$2699.00

Vintage Dell Latitude CPi A366XT Win 98SE w/USB Support 256MB 60GB HD FDD Serial
$109.99

Vintage AppleDesign Keyboard M2980 & Mouse II M2706 ADB Cable Bundle Mac
$69.99

Tektronix Vintage Full-Size QWERTY Keyboard with Numeric Keypad 119-1989-001
$79.99

Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR
$100.00

Lot Vintage 1991 Apple Microsoft Classic Software Disk Manual User Guide 7.0.1 +
$74.95

VINTAGE UNISYS Computer RARE 486 DBA Desktop Retro PC Intel Pentium 1995 USA
$95.00

VINTAGE IBM ThinkPad 570 Type 2644 13" Laptop Intel Pentium READ
$122.18

Toshiba Satellite Pro 400CDT Vintage Laptop Computer Retro Windows PC Parts Only
$125.00