-
Trying knoppix but having two problems. Plz help
Hi everyone,
My first time posting here and first time giving linux a try. Currently using knoppix's 3.9 boot live cd w/ 2.6.11 kernel I believe. Some problems I'm running into, it appears that knoppix can't properly access my existing winxp partition. The desktop of knoppix shows several harddrive icons but in the brackets it only shows elipses(three periods ...). When I go into accessing them it doesn't show any items files or anything. I did a little searching on this but haven't had much luck figuring out how to proceed. I tried looking for captive ntfs at first but then notice that it wasn't there for 3.9.
My other problem is that I can't get my airlink AWLH3040(uses atheros chipset) wireless adapter to work under knoppix. Did a search for that as well and downloaded the netgate drivers here. I then proceed to use the ndiswrapper on this (ndis5x folder was the one I used). I get a dialog display saying it's mounted successful but that there are no new devices detected for it?
Would someone mind giving me a step by step mini tutorial for getting my internet up and running under knoppix? I've tried doing it myself for several hours in addition to doing searches on how to get it working with this adapter but I'm having little luck with it.
Thanks for any help
Similar Threads
-
By javiergp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-22-2006, 12:39 PM
-
By wroseland in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-23-2006, 02:10 PM
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By lesshaste in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
-
By pbearseven in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-14-2003, 11:19 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic
$24.95

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab S10+ 12.4" 256GB 12GB Gray Wi-Fi AMOLED Android
$580.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G SM-T738U 12.4" Tablet Gray 64GB T-Mobile CRACKED
$82.68