Why no reply? No one in this forum had configured their sound server to do that before?
In knoppix, how do I hear more than one sound at once? LIke I want to play music with XMMS and AmaRoK at the same time.
Thx!
Why no reply? No one in this forum had configured their sound server to do that before?
Linux (Knoppix multitasks well. Go ahead play your CD. While its running, play an mp3 file or whatever.
If that floats your boat.
sakiZ
Not sure, but you probably need to have ALSA (Advanced Linux Sound Architecture) installed and configured (I think you can use the command alsa config for this). Then go into the settings for your music players, as well as desktop environments like KDE, and make sure that each app is using its ALSA driver (as opposed to using something like OSS or direct control of /dev/dsp).
I don't have this setup myself because I don't really need any additional sound capabilties, but ALSA is generally what you need to mix sounds from multiple sources.

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
HP Z640 Xeon E5-2643 v3, 64GB RAM, 512GB NVMe, 2TB HDD, GTX 1050 Ti, Win 11 Pro
$435.00
INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$12.00
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00