-
Senior Member
registered user
Has anybody succeeded remastering with KDE 3.4.1?
I have tried remastering both with Knoppix 3.9 and Knoppix 3.8.1 and get always the same error message when KDE is starting:
Code:
There was an error setting up inter-process communications for KDE.
The message returned by the system was:
Could not read network connection list /home/knoppix/DCOPServer_Knoppix__0
Please check that the "dcopserver" program is running
Now I'm writing from remastered Knoppix 3.8.1 with KDE 3.4.1, but I always have to make some magic tricks to get KDE started 
So the problem with my remastering attempts with Knoppix 3.9 (reversed UNIONFS to the stable 1.0.11-1 version) has been with KDE 3.4.1 as far as I can see!
I hope that someone could help me to get KDE started normally.
P.S. If starting KDE automatically is impossible with KDE 3.4.1 could it be possibly to start KDM and and login program only? I have set password to knoppix so login is possible.
P.P.S. I place attached the .xsession-errors file (after starting my remastered Knoppix):
Code:
xauth: creating new authority file /home/knoppix/.Xauthority
QSettings::sync: failed to open '/etc/qt3/qt_plugins_3.3rc.tmp' for writing
QSettings::sync: failed to open '/etc/qt3/qt_plugins_3.3rc.tmp' for writing
QSettings::sync: failed to open '/etc/qt3/qt_plugins_3.3rc.tmp' for writing
QSettings::sync: failed to open '/etc/qt3/qt_plugins_3.3rc.tmp' for writing
SocketCreateListener: failed to bind listener
SocketUNIXCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
MakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to create listener for local
Cannot establish any listening sockets
DCOPServer self-test failed.
kdeinit: DCOPServer could not be started, aborting.
Warning: connect() failed: : Connection refused
SocketCreateListener: failed to bind listener
SocketUNIXCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
MakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to create listener for local
Cannot establish any listening sockets
DCOPServer self-test failed.
kdeinit: DCOPServer could not be started, aborting.
QSettings::sync: failed to open '/etc/qt3/qt_plugins_3.3rc.tmp' for writing
-tapsa-
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Has anybody succeeded remastering with KDE 3.4.1?

Originally Posted by
tr
I have tried remastering both with Knoppix 3.9 and Knoppix 3.8.1 and get always the same error message when KDE is starting:
Not any more. I had wrong permissions in /tmp directory. I added to
/etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig after last "fi" beginning from line 1223 (Knoppix 3.8.1):
Code:
# Setting right permissions and owners to /tmp/.ICE-unix and /tmp/.X11-unix
mkdir -p /tmp/.ICE-unix 2>/dev/null
chown -R root:root /tmp/.ICE-unix 2>/dev/null
chmod 1777 /tmp/.ICE-unix 2>/dev/null
mkdir -p /tmp/.X11-unix 2>/dev/null
chown -R root:root /tmp/.X11-unix 2>/dev/null
chmod 1777 /tmp/.X11-unix 2>/dev/null
Now everything works fine! If you look at your /home/knoppix/.xsession-errors file, you notice, that even original Knoppix has wrong permissions in /tmp/.ICE-unix file. This corrects them all.
Haven't tried Knoppix 3.9 yet. But KDE 3.4.1 was not the reason for my error messages as I first thought.
-tapsa-
-
Senior Member
registered user
Good find. You might want to suggest this to the Knoppix developers at their mailing list at http://sympa.linuxtag.net/wws
Similar Threads
-
By wick2o in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-25-2005, 08:32 PM
-
By mAineAc in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-14-2004, 04:32 AM
-
By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 29
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 01:32 AM
-
By dugstratton in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 01:23 AM
-
By MichielioZ in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 12:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 8.7" 32GB Tablet Wifi+Cellular, Gray
$85.00

Samsung LS32A700NWNXZA 4K UHD LED Monitor 32" A700 Series with HDR, Black
$200.00

Samsung Galaxy Tab A11+Plus 5G 2026 128GB GRAY
$168.00

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00