1. Can someone tell me how can I format this 40 GIG HDD and make it bootable to DOS/Win 95 Environment using knoppix CD.
I have already tried mkfs.vfat, mkdosfs, mkfs.msdos on /dev/hda but it doesn't work. May be I am doing something wrong as I am pretty new to Linux.![]()
I am actually given a task to automate the unattended Windows XP installation on new computers using linux bootable cd with a Perl Script. When the script runs, it should format HDD, Make It Bootable to DOS/Win95 and copy the windows Installation filles + unattended install script on HDD.![]()
I am using these commands in my script:
"dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda && mkdosfs -F 32 /dev/hda && cp -rv /home/WinInstall/* /dev/hda && shutdown -r now"
2- Should I also use dosfsck -a /dev/hda after mkdosfs
3- Instead of dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda can I use any alternative command?
3- Is it posible to automate fdisk for creating FAT32 partitions under linux. (Note. I only need one partition)
I would highly appreciate your help.
thx.
P.S. /home/WinInstall contains the unattended windows installation files.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99
YEALINK W60B DECT VoIP BASE STATION VOIP SIP FOR UP TO 8 HANDSETS + OEM ADPTR
$50.00