#2 You can get rid of the useless icons by: chmod 0 /usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons
That way they will not return.
I've been using Knoppix since the 3.7, I find there are few bugs still not fixed yet.
1. The auto h/w detection keep saying I've firewire
2. The desktop CDROM icon has no mounting and eject option, I've to create a new link to it, but the 'useless' icon keep coming out each time reboot.
3. Double or even trible entry on K menu, even I fixed that it will repeat again after some times of use
4. Kpackage APT update will not accept my password some times, and it must rebuild the tree each time before I can retry
#2 You can get rid of the useless icons by: chmod 0 /usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons
That way they will not return.
Thanks for that !

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48