-
Crossover office gives no sound
Does anyone use it ? I used XO with Suse before and it worked fine, but on Knoppix it gives no sound when playing embedded midi, Quicktime is the default player in my setup but it doesn't seem to work. If I can use native player for sound and animation/movie then I will not have to bother with XO, it is slow and trouble to setup.
-
Senior Member
registered user
The Problem May Be Knoppix/Midi
I use XO also and have had no luck with getting sound out of it in Knoppix via the old W*ndows media player. There are known issues around this. You can research the bug on the XO website.
But in addition to all that, Knoppix has very poor midi support. It needs a bunch of additional downloads to get it to work.
I gave up on getting midi files to play.
I can play most anyother kind of file including W*ndows media files, with Kaffeine media player, so I settled for that. 
Sorry I couldn't offer a more clear solution.
sakiZ
-
Thanks sakiZ, I thought getting sound is the easiest thing to do and I don't have this problem with other distro.......
-
Senior Member
registered user
XO Makes Me a Liar :-)
Well, now I'm getting sound out of XO. As far as I know I did nothing to fix it.
But still no midi files from it or Knoppix either.
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By wannessmet in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-12-2005, 06:52 PM
-
By giacomix in forum General Support
Replies: 15
Last Post: 10-09-2004, 05:32 PM
-
By giacomix in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 02:51 PM
-
By probono in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 06:02 AM
-
By Numpty in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-30-2003, 10:32 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Yealink SIP Phone T85W
$153.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Ubiquiti UniFi Talk UVP-Touch VoIP IP Phone PoE Touchscreen Tested Reset
$64.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Ooma Telo VoIP Free Internet Home Phone Service. Certified Refurbished.
$59.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth
$49.95