Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Crossover office gives no sound

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    74

    Crossover office gives no sound

    Does anyone use it ? I used XO with Suse before and it worked fine, but on Knoppix it gives no sound when playing embedded midi, Quicktime is the default player in my setup but it doesn't seem to work. If I can use native player for sound and animation/movie then I will not have to bother with XO, it is slow and trouble to setup.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    The Problem May Be Knoppix/Midi

    I use XO also and have had no luck with getting sound out of it in Knoppix via the old W*ndows media player. There are known issues around this. You can research the bug on the XO website.

    But in addition to all that, Knoppix has very poor midi support. It needs a bunch of additional downloads to get it to work.

    I gave up on getting midi files to play.

    I can play most anyother kind of file including W*ndows media files, with Kaffeine media player, so I settled for that.

    Sorry I couldn't offer a more clear solution.

    sakiZ

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    74
    Thanks sakiZ, I thought getting sound is the easiest thing to do and I don't have this problem with other distro.......

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    XO Makes Me a Liar :-)

    Well, now I'm getting sound out of XO. As far as I know I did nothing to fix it.

    But still no midi files from it or Knoppix either.

    sakiZ

Similar Threads

  1. configuring a crossover connection
    By wannessmet in forum Networking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-12-2005, 06:52 PM
  2. crossover network
    By giacomix in forum General Support
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-09-2004, 05:32 PM
  3. crossover network
    By giacomix in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-07-2004, 02:51 PM
  4. Finally: Dreamweaver MX on Knoppix (w/ Crossover Office)
    By probono in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2003, 06:02 AM
  5. Installing crossover plugin.
    By Numpty in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-30-2003, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard

$90.99



ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI picture

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI

$289.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00