-
Window managers and features
Hi there,
I am not a command line geek and heavily rely on GUI, I use KDE as my default WM, also tried others like Gnome and Xfce. I find that K has the most complete list of features, others I have problem setting up my system ie. I don't know how to change the init string for my dial up modem. I know I can use a K app. on a non KDE environment but that's waste of resources, I wish I could use a light weight WM such as Xfce on my underpowered PC. Can you name your favourite WM and the reason for choosing it ?
Similar Threads
-
By Ikki in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-06-2006, 04:44 AM
-
By pgluth1 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-07-2005, 10:50 PM
-
By sunburnt in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 05:12 AM
-
By DimGR in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-25-2004, 05:41 PM
-
By winowman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-22-2003, 12:10 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

READ - UNTESTED Apple Macintosh PowerBook 160 M4550 Vintage Laptop
$299.00

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

READ - Vintage Apple Macintosh SE/30 - Boots
$850.00

Macintosh MacTerminal M0521 Version 1.0. Vintage Apple software 1984 Sealed
$129.99

Vintage 1983 Apple II ProDOS User's Kit Computer Software NEW SEALED A2D2010
$64.95

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1” 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00