solved the problem:
copied the config-2.6.11 to /usr/src/linux/.config
make menuconfig
make-kpkg clean
fakeroot make-kpkg --revision=custom.1.0 kernel_image
now it works
Hello,
I want to add the mISDN drivers into the kernel and remove the isdn4linux stuff.
I get the kernel-source from www.kernel.org unpack it, set the link linux on the directory i unpacked the sources
and run
make-kpkg clean
fakeroot make-kpkg --revision=custom.1.0 kernel_image
in /usr/src/linux.
I get these errors:
make[4]: *** [drivers/char/drm/gamma_drv.o] Fehler 1
make[3]: *** [drivers/char/drm] Fehler 2
make[2]: *** [drivers/char] Fehler 2
make[1]: *** [drivers] Fehler 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.11.12'
make: *** [stamp-build] Fehler 2
Is that the right way to remaster a new kernel for knoppix ?
Or is there a better way ?
Greets
solved the problem:
copied the config-2.6.11 to /usr/src/linux/.config
make menuconfig
make-kpkg clean
fakeroot make-kpkg --revision=custom.1.0 kernel_image
now it works
Am looking to do something similar, and am curious where you found the config-2.6.11 file you mention?
Just look at /usr/src/knoppix-kernel.READMEOriginally Posted by ewangr
Q: Where can I find the configuration for the kernel used on KNOPPIX?
A: /usr/src/linux/.config or /boot/config-version
-tapsa-
Interesting. It appears that when you do an HD install, the /usr/src files don't get copied to the HD. Guess I should have thought to keep the DVD loaded just in case.
Thanks!
Could someone tell me what goes wrong with my compiling (2.6.13 kernel):
This is were compiling stops. I have tried to compile the kernel from hard disk (installed remastered version of Knoppix 3.8.1). This looks quite similar as original question. But I have copied original config file to /usr/src/linux and renamed it to .cofig. Perhaps vanilla kernel 2.6.13 can not be used for some reason with 2.6.11 config file (something changed in configuration dramatically?). When I have time, I try to use newist linux-source from Debian source.Code:CC [M] drivers/net/wan/sdladrv.o drivers/net/wan/sdladrv.c: In function 'peek_by_4': drivers/net/wan/sdladrv.c:962: warning: passing argument 1 of 'readb' makes pointer from integer without a cast drivers/net/wan/sdladrv.c:968: warning: passing argument 1 of 'readl' makes pointer from integer without a cast drivers/net/wan/sdladrv.c:976: warning: passing argument 1 of 'readb' makes pointer from integer without a cast drivers/net/wan/sdladrv.c: In function 'poke_by_4': drivers/net/wan/sdladrv.c:1044: warning: passing argument 2 of 'writeb' makes pointer from integer without a cast drivers/net/wan/sdladrv.c:1050: warning: passing argument 2 of 'writel' makes pointer from integer without a cast drivers/net/wan/sdladrv.c:1058: warning: passing argument 2 of 'writeb' makes pointer from integer without a cast drivers/net/wan/sdladrv.c: In function 'sdla_start': drivers/net/wan/sdladrv.c:1481: warning: passing argument 2 of 'writeb' makes pointer from integer without a cast drivers/net/wan/sdladrv.c: In function 'detect_s514': drivers/net/wan/sdladrv.c:2002: error: invalid lvalue in assignment drivers/net/wan/sdladrv.c:2015: warning: passing argument 2 of 'writeb' makes pointer from integer without a cast make[4]: *** [drivers/net/wan/sdladrv.o] Error 1 make[3]: *** [drivers/net/wan] Error 2 make[2]: *** [drivers/net] Error 2 make[1]: *** [drivers] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory /usr/src/linux-2.6.13' make: *** [stamp-build] Error 2 root@linux:/usr/src/linux#
-tapsa-
Well i already got Knoppix to compile a new kernel just by booting my hd-remaster.
But now I've got some more problems:
2.6.13 does not support devfs any more - so i have to switch to udev. Anything to notice? What do i have tot change, that knoppix uses udev?
And the next problem is, that i don't know how to get it bootable on cd.
I'd like to use isolinux for boot, but don't know how the config should look like. Any suggestions?

Vintage Gateway 2000 P5-166 No power cord AS IS FOR PARTS
$145.87
Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo
$299.00
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Vintage Sun Microsystems Type 5 Keyboard N860-8701-T010 Tested Working
$55.55
Vintage IBM OS/2 version Standard Version 1.3 3.5" Diskettes SEALED
$199.00
Vintage Sun Microsystems SPARC system motherboard / CPU board.
$120.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Cz tulip Vintage Fall Mouse Pad, Dark Pumpkin
$17.99
Vintage Memorex Telex 122-Key AT Terminal Keyboard 96550264
$100.00
Vintage KanguruDisk Portable External Drive Module with Pouch - Rare Retro Drive
$114.88