-
Source code mirror for Knoppix 3.8.1
Hi all,
I've successfully made a customized version of Knoppix 3.8.1 that I'd like to redistribute.
However, many of the binary packages in Knoppix are released under the GNU GPL, which says I have to make the source code available to those who request it.
I searched around, and the latest source code mirror I can find for Knoppix is at:
http://developer.linuxtag.net/knoppix/sources/
However, the latest source code there is dated from around January 2004, and the source there only seems to cover the Knoppix-specific tools like hwsetup, syslinux-knoppix, etc.
Many of the versions of the binary packages distributed with Knoppix don't seem to readily have source available on the Debian mirrors any more; as old binary packages are removed from the Debian mirrors, they also remove the source.
If there isn't one readily available, how can I make a source mirror of the versions of the binary packages distributed with Knoppix to fulfill the requirements of the GPL?
Thanks, all!
Similar Threads
-
By ShadowAce in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 07:35 PM
-
By xinfo in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-17-2004, 05:31 PM
-
By Nikolay in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 04:34 PM
-
By KeTZer in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 10
Last Post: 03-03-2004, 12:44 PM
-
By rexmundi in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-01-2004, 11:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99