Is caps lock on?
Are you using a non US (or non German) keyboard and making use of keys other than the alpha numeric ones?
I recently did a Knoppix 3.7 install, and everything seemed to be going smoothly until this morning when I tried to input my root password and an error came up telling me that the password was incorrect. I tried several times, but it kept telling me that the password was wrong. I then booted into single-user mode and reset the root password, and then rebooted normally. Again when I tried to input the root password it told me that it was incorrect.
Any ideas as to what could be causing this and how it can be fixed?
Thanks a lot
Jeff
Is caps lock on?
Are you using a non US (or non German) keyboard and making use of keys other than the alpha numeric ones?
Ha, I wish that I had caps lock on. And I am using a standard US keyboard. This appears to be a worse problem than just something stupid like caps-lock or keyboard.
How did you perform your HD install? Which method did you choose: Debian, Beginner, Knoppix. See http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Hd_Install_HowTo

MOS MCS 6502 Ceramic DIP Vintage CPU/Processor Chip ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$2500.00
Vintage AutoCAD 2000i Upgrade Boxed CD & Key Code
$144.45
Vintage Ampex Chip Boards Memory Processor Other
$299.99
Vintage Core CL9 Master Universal Remote Control Steve Wozniak (Apple) READ
$988.88
Vintage Radio Shack TRS-80 Multi-Pen Plotter 26-1191 6-Color 1981 w/ Cover
$349.99
Vintage HP F1003A 512K RAM Card for LX Series Palmtop Computers - TESTED WORKS
$99.99
Vintage 1984 IBM Network Access Computer NAC Model 2-L Dynamic Telecom U.S. TEL
$199.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
LOT of 4 Intel/AMD R80188 80188 R80186 80186 vintage CPU GOLD/Ceramic
$59.99
Apple Ethernet CS II Card BOX AND MANUAL ONLY- Vintage Network Interface
$59.99