Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Helping a newbie with RPM Packages =)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2

    Helping a newbie with RPM Packages =)

    Well I need some help 'cause i'm always trying to install some packages but I can't.
    It tells me that I should use "Alien" but I don't know how to use it!
    Can anybody help me?
    Thx!
    YukiŽ

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    I searched the forums for alien and found http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=82710#82710 a post where I described how to use alien.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2
    Ok. I transform the packages, but when they're *.DEB I don't know how to install them. And SDL and lua can't be transformed into *.DEB...
    Can anybody teach me how to use *.deb packages???
    And if you see, root directory is blocked... where should I put the files??? O.o
    Greetings.
    YukiŽ

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Someone else asked similar questions. We answered them here http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19528. That link is what I would consider a MUST READ for those people who want to installl programs on Knoppix.

    As for SDL & Lua, both are in the Debian package repositories so you probably do not have to use Alien & convert them.
    Debian Package Search Results for LUA
    Debian Package Search Results for SDL

Similar Threads

  1. saveconfig not helping very much
    By doglover in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 08:00 PM
  2. where are the nx packages?
    By dobell in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 02:32 PM
  3. Packages
    By boombastic in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2004, 09:02 AM
  4. An easy newbie question - very newbie
    By Drago in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
  5. packages
    By mogz in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2003, 05:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



Atari XE  130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested picture

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested

$159.95



Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs picture

Atari OS & Memory Expansion Cartridges Lot - Untested Possibly For Parts/Repairs

$149.97



Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI picture

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI

$44.00



SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800

$59.99



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



Atari 400 Computer System  console with Power Supply TESTED and Working picture

Atari 400 Computer System console with Power Supply TESTED and Working

$150.00