-
Thanks for your reply
First of all I tried the Debian type, but I felt myself thrown back into the stone age'
' . Nothing is installed, just the kernel.....
No help for installation (YAST?)
I am not the command line freak and I am Knoppix fan because this fine and intelligent Hardware detection works really fine
and helps me to overcome the pitfalls of learning, searching and doing all that hardware and driver configuration.
I kicked away SUSE cause it left off to much questions after installation. For what I have to know which Graphic chip I use when knoppix is able to detect it? Knoppix is the evidence that all this detections are possible..
The live CD/DVD if knx works nearly perfect and I do not understand why the same comfort should not work on HD?
I have the strong feeling that for the experts it is a matter of honour, not to use the automatic detections and to clicki-clacki
all that stuff for yourself. The same reason for that some people do not want to drive cars with automatic gearcase.
I just want to work with Linux, not to research it!
Nevertheless I hope that someone in the forum will understand me and can give me - I think - some simple hints.
Thanks in advance for that
Rudolf
Similar Threads
-
By Crazydude in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-20-2006, 12:42 AM
-
By lovetide in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-09-2006, 02:42 AM
-
By dosdragon in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-09-2006, 02:46 AM
-
By sakiZ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-18-2006, 03:07 AM
-
By vi.tan.gr in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00

WICO Computer Command Apple II Analog Joystick Adaptor NOS 72-4525
$59.99

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

Vintage HP 82166A HP-IL Converter Custom “The BOX” TTL/DAC Interface Controller
$499.99