-
usb memory key problem
I am trying to use knoppix to transfer files from a windows installation to a usb memory key. Knoppix mounts the memory key and I can see all the files on the key, but when I try to copy from the hard drive to the key I get "could not write to /mt/usba1/filename." I get the same problem trying to copy from the key to the hd. I can copy from the hd and memory key to a floppy, but not to either device from a floppy. Any help would be very much appreciated.
-
Junior Member
registered user
After verifying that you can see the files on the USB memory stick, right click on the icon and go to actions > change read/write mode.
-
Similar Threads
-
By maavalko in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-05-2008, 04:33 PM
-
By svenaron in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-23-2005, 09:18 PM
-
By benedict1000 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-30-2004, 11:47 AM
-
By hgpuke in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 10:42 PM
-
By Dickey Peterson in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-09-2003, 06:11 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD
$100.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73