Quote Originally Posted by schnarff
It did indeed work.

It's definitely still worth making a note in the FAQ, even if doing the command-line is the same as putting in the cheatcode -- becase most of us who are new to Knoppix and/or Linux wouldn't have realized that. I figure, if I can save many newbies a lot of irritation, I make their lives and the lives of experienced folk easier, while making the OS better.

Besides, it's not like anyone has to actually *accept* my patch anyway.
Don't sweat it. The only way one can learn is to ask questions. People who demostrate a level of irritation when responding shouldn't bother to respond, especially those with poor reading comprehension who cannot decern between a person asking about installation issues and sound vs live-on-cd issues and sounds, i.e., using cheat codes.

Apparently, there are some people who think that 'learning the hard way because that's how I did it' is some sort of right of passage in the Linux/UNIX world. Frankly, its this reason why Linux/UNIX will never make a substantial dent as a desktop OS. Most people don't have the time for nonsense, especially 20-something, overblown testosterone kiddie crap from some psuedo-Linux/UNIX 'guru'.

Knoppix is great off the CD, presumably what Klaus wanted. As an installation tool, it's great. However there's much in the details of hard disk installations that the script falls short. Sound is one of those issues.