-
Noobe - how to run cd image from hd
Hi folks,
Another noobe here. I'm sure this has been asked and answered before but I'm being overwhelmed with new terminology.
Before I make the partitioning and installation plunge I'd like to run the cd image for a while, but from hd for speed. When I look at my boot floppy and startup sequence I see:
Loading vmlinuz (no extension)
Loading miniroot.gz
Can I just write a batch file that points to these and then to the cd image on my hd? Then exit to DOS, run the batch file and go?
What's the difference between saving Knoppix config on the boot floppy and "persistent home"?
Similar Threads
-
By Katagia in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-01-2005, 10:21 AM
-
By JoeHA in forum German Forum
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-17-2005, 02:29 PM
-
By dougvega in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-28-2004, 01:31 AM
-
By JeauxBleaux in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-31-2003, 06:09 PM
-
By Jon in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-02-2003, 05:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall NO RACK EARS
$49.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5GbE Firewall Router – Excellent Condition
$435.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance
$20.25

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99