Quote Originally Posted by Ewen
This post for A. Jorge Garcia or anyone who can offer a solution;

At last, after battling all day, I have managed to get Knoppix to run off the hardrive and it will run off any of these batch files:

loadlin.exe vmlinuz lang=e initrd=miniroot.gz load_ramdisk=1 init=/etc/init hdc=ide-scsi vga=791

or:

loadlin.exe vmlinuz lang=e initrd=miniroot.gz quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix

The problem being that the programme loads in German. Elsewhere in this thread someone had the same problem but no-one answered

Finally how can I get it to read my config files which are stored on another partition?

Can you help please?

I also had this German GUI problem. Also I do not have boot-en.img because the ISO file I downloaded was EN.(-as in English version 3.2.)

My solution is to rearrange the batch file so that the lang=en or lang=us comes after init=/etc/init or
"loadlin.exe vmlinuz init=/etc/init lang=us vga=788 xmodule=fbdev initrd=miniroot.gz quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix"

Seems the order of the batch file is significant

note that I reduced the resolution to 800x600(vga=78


Hope this helps