Is bad enough Knoppix uses KDE, but the new background in Knoppix 3.9 takes the cake in garbage:
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8...xisshit2kv.jpg
Can we do something about this?
Is bad enough Knoppix uses KDE, but the new background in Knoppix 3.9 takes the cake in garbage:
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8...xisshit2kv.jpg
Can we do something about this?
Its not what you're saying thats wrong but how you say it.
There is nothing wrong with KDE itself but instead it is the choices that were made in regards to the GUI elements. I posted about the GUI problems here at the beginning of June. http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19306
It looks like Knoppix 4.0 DVD edition has some visual improvements. See Knoppix 4.0 screenshots http://www.virtualacuity.com/james/k...-other/knop40/
Okay, the background is good, but it's still KDE.
Also, why can't I unmount a drive when it's open in Konq? Gnome, Windows and OS X handles this nicely.
Having recently run out of tweaks to my HD installation of v 3.7 , my only area left to conquer was the look.
I found that KDE is very configurable and even amazed my self at how elegant I have made my KDE GUI look. It looks way better than my W*ndows installation.
Even my wife, when she saw it exclaimed, "Wow, what is that?"
It took me all of a few minutes.
Try it.
sakiZ
yeah, it can be...It looks way better than my W*ndows installation.
i like the ability to actually change the K menu buttons... thats fun... I WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU DO THAT TO THE START MENU WINDOWS!!!
Yeah, I've done that. I have the "start button changed to the nuts and bolts. The K sits inside it. I have all icons set to turn stop light green when the cursor is over them.i like the ability to actually change the K menu buttons... thats fun... I WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU DO THAT TO THE START MENU WINDOWS!!!
I have the Super User file Manager sitting right beside the start button. It sits in the same red-maroon color panel as the insets for the windows.
My theme is a slightly modified desert red selected from the many themes available. The inset on windows is a red-maroon. The rest of the menu bar is not black but charcoal grey. I have changed a lot of the other colors to fit into the desert red theme.
Plus lots of little menu eye candy tweaks too numerous to mention.
The desktop image is a photo I took of Red Rock Canyon in California to complete the desert theme.
It looks WAY WAY better than anything I've ever done in Windows.
If you can't make this desktop look terrific, you need to hire an interior decorator!![]()
sakiZ
[/quote]
I started using Knoppix with version 3.1. Very Cool. Then came Knoppix 3.2 with it's eye wallpaper. Very Cool Indeed. Why can't knoppix make something as cool as version 3.2?
Look at v 3.2:
![]()
Love that desktop!
It's easy for me to forget that my setup is a full HD install, not the live CD.
I'm using KDE 3.3.2 now.
It was as easy as "apt-get install KDEbase"
sakiZ

Micron 64GB (32GB x2) DDR5-5600 JEDEC DIMM Workstation Memory (Innodisk branded)
$895.00
Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00
Lot of 10 Samsung 16GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 SODIMM M471A2G43AB2-CWE 160GB
$1319.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
(32GB x10) 320 GB Kingston PC4-2933Y DDR4 ECC Registered (Server)
$1600.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00
LOT OF 27-Mixed Lot of 8GB (27x8GB=216GB TOTAL) PC3L-12800R ECC REG Server RAM
$99.99