-
Why is Knoppix so goddamn ugly.
Is bad enough Knoppix uses KDE, but the new background in Knoppix 3.9 takes the cake in garbage:
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8...xisshit2kv.jpg
Can we do something about this?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Its not what you're saying thats wrong but how you say it. 
There is nothing wrong with KDE itself but instead it is the choices that were made in regards to the GUI elements. I posted about the GUI problems here at the beginning of June. http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19306
It looks like Knoppix 4.0 DVD edition has some visual improvements. See Knoppix 4.0 screenshots http://www.virtualacuity.com/james/k...-other/knop40/
-
Okay, the background is good, but it's still KDE.
Also, why can't I unmount a drive when it's open in Konq? Gnome, Windows and OS X handles this nicely.
-
Senior Member
registered user
KDE VERY Configurable
Having recently run out of tweaks to my HD installation of v 3.7 , my only area left to conquer was the look.
I found that KDE is very configurable and even amazed my self at how elegant I have made my KDE GUI look. It looks way better than my W*ndows installation.
Even my wife, when she saw it exclaimed, "Wow, what is that?"
It took me all of a few minutes.
Try it.
sakiZ
-
Senior Member
registered user
It looks way better than my W*ndows installation.
yeah, it can be...
i like the ability to actually change the K menu buttons... thats fun... I WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU DO THAT TO THE START MENU WINDOWS!!!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Designer Colors for Your KDE Desktop!
i like the ability to actually change the K menu buttons... thats fun... I WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOU DO THAT TO THE START MENU WINDOWS!!!
Yeah, I've done that. I have the "start button changed to the nuts and bolts. The K sits inside it. I have all icons set to turn stop light green when the cursor is over them.
I have the Super User file Manager sitting right beside the start button. It sits in the same red-maroon color panel as the insets for the windows.
My theme is a slightly modified desert red selected from the many themes available. The inset on windows is a red-maroon. The rest of the menu bar is not black but charcoal grey. I have changed a lot of the other colors to fit into the desert red theme.
Plus lots of little menu eye candy tweaks too numerous to mention.
The desktop image is a photo I took of Red Rock Canyon in California to complete the desert theme.
It looks WAY WAY better than anything I've ever done in Windows.
If you can't make this desktop look terrific, you need to hire an interior decorator!
sakiZ
[/quote]
-
I started using Knoppix with version 3.1. Very Cool. Then came Knoppix 3.2 with it's eye wallpaper. Very Cool Indeed. Why can't knoppix make something as cool as version 3.2?
Look at v 3.2:
-
Senior Member
registered user
Wow. That desktop is Awesome
Love that desktop!
It's easy for me to forget that my setup is a full HD install, not the live CD.
I'm using KDE 3.3.2 now.
It was as easy as "apt-get install KDEbase"
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By pterandon in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-05-2006, 01:06 AM
-
By lost-member in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-21-2006, 04:40 AM
-
By maxIT in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-14-2005, 07:54 AM
-
By UnderScore in forum The Lounge
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-04-2005, 02:02 PM
-
By mzruya in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99

Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00