Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: mkisofs errors

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2

    mkisofs errors

    I've been trying to remaster my knoppix cd but keep getting errors when creating the KNOPPIX image. (even if I don't make any changes to the image)

    end_request: I/O Eroor, dev 02:00 (floppy), sector 0

    then I get:

    MKISOFS: Panic: no space, cannot add RR CE entry (2 bytes missing) for SL-path-split line 539

    then it only makes a 280byte KNOPPIX file

    if I use mkisofs without the -R option I don't get the errors but the resulting image won't boot

    I have 256mb ddr ram with a 3gig swap file enabled. does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

    the command I'm using is straight from the how-to

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    220
    are you using mkisofs from testing?

    Don't. Use the one from stable or unstable.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2
    I'm using KNOPPIX v3.2_2003_3_28-en

    is this the wrong iso?

    (I'm downloading 2003_4_18 right now... will this one work?)

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2
    I had a similar problem on my sysem that was corrected in 4-15 build. It had something to do with the Adaptec 29160N card and SCSI drive my Chroot was mounted on. I did the build off of 3-28 but could never get a successful mkisofs run until I booted off of a 4-15 CD I made and it ran fine.

Similar Threads

  1. mkisofs doesn't work!
    By roadapathy in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 08:50 PM
  2. first timer needs help with mkisofs
    By baitas in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2004, 11:55 PM
  3. Many Errors at .xsession-errors file ...
    By mikekgr in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 08:01 AM
  4. mkisofs crashes at 98%
    By vacode in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 01:11 AM
  5. mkisofs
    By sfit in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2004, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS  PromBlaster picture

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster

$895.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE

$249.00



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 Vintage Computer - Not Working parts picture

Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 Vintage Computer - Not Working parts

$89.95



Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA picture

Vintage Microsoft Windows NT 3.51 Workstation 3.5 Floppy Big Box Complete No COA

$139.99



HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer picture

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer

$224.72



Vintage Radio Shack TRS-80 5.25

Vintage Radio Shack TRS-80 5.25" Floppy Disk Lot of 9 Single Sided Used

$49.99



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board. picture

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.

$135.37