-
Senior Member
registered user
My /dev/hda
Code:
Disk /dev/hda: 40.0 GB, 40020664320 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 4865 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/hda1 1 4255 34178255+ 83 Linux
/dev/hda2 4256 4741 3903795 b W95 FAT32
/dev/hda3 4742 4865 996030 5 Extended
/dev/hda5 4742 4865 995998+ 82 Linux swap / Solaris
I booted Knoppix 3.9 & ran qtparted. It did not even allow me to select the resize option.
I then booted the system with Debian 3.1r0a CD #1 (650MB ISO file)with the bootime cheat code:
linux26
I then proceeded through to the partitioner program and selected the hda1 35GB partition. I was able to resize it from 35GB to 28GB & created 7GB of free space. Then I choose to format it with ext3 & use it as a root filesystem. Then I continued the install all the way to the end.
When I logged in as root, I checked fdisk.
Code:
Disk /dev/hda: 40.0 GB, 40020664320 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 4865 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/hda1 1 3404 27342598+ 83 Linux
/dev/hda2 4256 4741 3903795 b W95 FAT32
/dev/hda3 4742 4865 996030 5 Extended
/dev/hda4 3405 4255 6835657+ 83 Linux
/dev/hda5 4742 4865 995998+ 82 Linux swap / Solaris
Partition table entries are not in disk order
So it is possible to resize a hda1 ext3fs filesystem, just not with qtparted but with the Debian installer partitioner. If you want to use the Debian partitioner just like I did, then you can download http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/...86-netinst.iso 105MB and not the 650MB ISO file from above.
I hope this helps.
James
Similar Threads
-
By Andy G in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-29-2008, 11:00 AM
-
By mark.johnson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 03:30 PM
-
By xaviers2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-24-2004, 06:14 PM
-
By ClubMed in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 02:05 PM
-
By Massimo in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 06:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99

PfSense: 4x1Gb 4x10Gb 2x40Gb, E3-1275 v5, 32GB, 80GB, AES-NI (Supermicro X11SSW)
$359.00

Ubiquiti Cloud Key Gen2 Plus UniFi Controller 1TB HDD
$165.00

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50