hi folks :)
I play a little bit around with mount an umount. But there are still some things, i didnt understand.
that's what I want:
Every user should be able to unmount a special drive, that has been manually mounted by root (so that drive isnt known to fstab)
I assume that "-o users" allows umounting by all users according to man-pages:
I try:Allow every user to mount and unmount the file system. This option implies the options noexec, nosuid, and nodev (unless overridden by subsequent options, as in the option line users,exec,dev,suid).
so everything went ok. But if a normal user wants to umount the drive, he gets an error:Code:root@server>mount -o users /dev/hdX /mnt/hdX
What's the failure?Code:user@server>umount /mnt/hdX umount: only root can unmount /dev/hdX from /mnt/hdX
Can you help me without putting the drive into fstab?
bye, daniel

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$34.99
SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99
Western Digital 256GB NVMe 2280 80mm SSD SDAPNUW-256G-1006 L18845-002 SN520
$29.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80
Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-76E500 MZ7LH500HALU
$50.00
M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99
2 x SanDisk Plus SDSSDA 2.5" 240GB Solid State Drive
$29.50
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00