I too feel it is important for manufacturers to support Linux, but is this the correct forum for it? Shouldn't this be in The Lounge?
I too feel it is important for manufacturers to support Linux, but is this the correct forum for it? Shouldn't this be in The Lounge?
This is a very important petition, no dubts about it.
But I think that the linux community is understimating another important question that in this case refer to printers. I'm talking not strictly about drivers but of these kind of utilities that comes as attachment cds in packaging with printers. This is why I'm coerced to keep winXP at work. The printer software let me to select 4 levels of quality printing (high, normal, medium and low), and I make many good quality colors printings with medium option saving a lot of ink. Linux instead give me only a generic color or b/w option.
This is my thought.
Maybe I've said stupid things and there's a link that can help me to solve this problem? Post it!![]()
i find it funny that xandros actually can find me printer??
i agree that there should be support for linux... damm those people who ignore us...
>>
I too feel it is important for manufacturers to support Linux, but is this the correct forum for it? Shouldn't this be in The Lounge?
>>
This is the Lounge, unless it was somewhere else.
I don't like the tone of that partition ... threats just alienate. I don't really think they care whether you use there product or not really.
Consistent, calm lobby is better
Have you had a look at the Asus site ... now there's a real one-eyed company for you (grin)
jm

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99
HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95
$89.99
HP Z420 Tower Workstation Xeon E5-1620 3.60GHz, 4GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$140.00