-
custom kernel won't show up on LILO's menu
Hi all,
I've been trying to use custom kernels on Knoppix, but I never managed to select them at boot time, because LILO doesn't even show them in the menu.
Here's the procedure I follow:
-get kernel.org sources and patch them (boot param. & ptrace)
-make xconfig on original Knoppix conf. file; select/deselect stuff I do/do not need
-make-kpkg --revision 1.0 kernel_image; don't allow touching lilo.conf
-dpkg -i resulting .deb file; manually edit lilo.conf
-/sbin/lilo; LILO confirms the presence of the new image
-reboot
The target partition is hda5; W2K's bootloader (in hda1) chainloads LILO (hda5's bootsector is listed in C:\boot.ini).
At boot: I can only see and load the stock Knoppix kernel. Can anybody please tell me where I do wrong?
Thanks in advance,
Andrea.
Similar Threads
-
By ying-yang7 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-19-2004, 09:35 AM
-
By knoppixusr in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 08:07 PM
-
By nizedude in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-11-2003, 08:49 PM
-
By averylowiq in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-13-2003, 03:36 PM
-
By cYmen in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-14-2003, 10:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

Intel Core i9-13900K Processor (5.8 GHz, 24 Cores, LGA 1700)
$320.00

Intel Core i5-10500 SRH3A 3.10GHz 6-Core LGA1200 CPU Desktop Processor
$80.00

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10
$1505.77

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95

APPLE MACBOOK PRO A2338 | M1 | 256GB SSD | 8GB | C | BH 85% - 90% | Golden Gate
$399.99