-
How to find Files etc on crashed XP OS system
Now that I have the Knoppix window up...Where do I go to find all the files, pics, and programs to remove and copy from my crashed XP OS.
thanks,
Mark
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: How to find Files etc on crashed XP OS system

Originally Posted by
BamBamKnoppix
...Where do I go to find all the files.,.... remove and copy from my crashed XP OS.
There should be icons on the desktop for each XP partition (marked hda1, for example). You don't remove anything from an XP partition though, never try to write to an NTFS partition. You can copy stuff just fine though, as long as you have some place to copy it to.
-
The icon I have on the Desktop is "Hard Disc Partition"..When i click on it it gives me lots of options but no access to files....It has one Pagefile.sys icon opon opening but nothing else...Then a list of aplications to left....Am I ina demo mode or something....I know I'm so close to getting to my goal, but this is so frustration to a novice like me....The files i need are very important to a graduate school project I'm doing....Hope you can walk me through this..
Thanks Again,.
Mark
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
There are also some free programs that may help recover files, both Windows based programs and Linux Live CD programs. You might want to look at the Live Linux CD called Helix to see if it can help.
Similar Threads
-
By poisonshift in forum Networking
Replies: 14
Last Post: 01-28-2010, 04:08 AM
-
By munruben in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-17-2009, 04:48 PM
-
By Maninafix in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-13-2007, 02:36 AM
-
By Ichir in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-05-2006, 03:07 PM
-
By BamBamKnoppix in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-30-2005, 07:35 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$1029.99

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87