-
set default browser in thunderbird
hello all.
i just got this sorted and thought you should all know.
when clicking on links etc in thunderbird they allways opened up in konquerer and i wanted them opening in firefox.
after looking up how to do this i found people had solved it by writing shell scripts etc and going to a lot of trouble.
then i found this very effective and quick fix...
edit the file... /home/logon/.mozilla-thunderbird/xxx.default/prefs.js
(the xxx in this path will be random letters and numbers)
then add the following to the bottom of the file making sure that before you do this both firefox and thunderbird are closed...
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http","mozilla-firefox");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https","mozilla-firefox");
now when you click on links in emails they will open in firefox.
regards to the community.
steve.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Great Tip!
This is a great tip. I can hardly wait to try it. I always wondered why Konqueror opened a window like that. grrr.
I've already modified the prefs.js file sometime ago, --- so I can use the Windows inbox on my dual boot setup. This should be a snap.
I assume this will work with Mozzilla too, which is what I'm using at the moment.
Well, I do use Firefox also, but it's the Windows version via Codeweavers (wine).
sakiZ
-
Senior Member
registered user
Works for Mozilla Too!
Hey, I tried this last night and it worked perfectly.
I noticed my prefs.js file is in a slightly different location than what you indicated. Perhaps a difference in distrobutions. But it was easy enough to find.
THANKS!
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By mark.johnson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-11-2005, 11:21 PM
-
By chada in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 02-02-2005, 08:52 AM
-
By rohandhruva in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-01-2005, 09:07 PM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-24-2004, 11:44 PM
-
Replies: 14
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 08:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Samsung 16GB DDR4 2133MHz PC4-17000 ECC REG Server RAM RDIMM 2Rx4 288-Pin Memory
$149.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Samsung 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 PC4-2666V ECC Server RAM 288-Pin M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Y
$699.99

SK Hynix 48GB Lot 6x8GB DDR4-2666 ECC RDIMM RAM PC4-21300 HMA81GR7CJR8N-VK
$159.99

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50