-
removing kernel modules
I have knoppix installed on a very old system (P233)
it runs decent but I know if i remove all the unnecesary modules during startup it will run at least a little faster, or at least boot up faster
I downloaded modconf and remove the modules with that but after a reboot they're all back
I specifically want to remove anything to do with
USB, AGP, SCSI, serial/parallel ports -- these I do not have at all. I've stopped the services (removed from rd5.d) for all the other stuff I don't use but I really don't like to see 10-12 drivers load that I will never use.
1 other question
after the lilo screen I ge Linux loading............................ then it says something along the line of "no video mode passed" hit enter to choose one or space to continue.
I know this happens on the cd for a reason, but if I could get rid of it that'd be pretty cool, mus be some lilo argument I have to pass or something right?
thanks in advance
tom
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-14-2010, 11:45 PM
-
By bizarro in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 09:30 PM
-
By muczy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-23-2004, 07:50 AM
-
By sauertopf in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 09:45 AM
-
By skda in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 08:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 16GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$409.99

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM Power 710 Express 8231-E2B POWER7 8GB DDR3 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$399.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$281.25

IBM System X3650 M3 Server Xeon E5620 2.4 GHz 16 GB Ram Raid M5015 No OS No HDD
$87.96