Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: UNIONFS + KANOTIX scripts

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256

    UNIONFS + KANOTIX scripts

    OK, now that we have UNIONFS, we obviate the need for klik and can apt-get install whatever on the liveCD, right?

    What I'd like to do is install my favorite game, bzflag, while running a live KNOPPIX CD but it won't run without some nVidia drivers. I've gotten this to work on a knoppix-installer box + KANO's scripts. My question is can I use these scripts on the liveCD?

    Regards,
    AJG

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    53
    I don't see why you can't try that. I'm pretty sure it will work. The only problem that I could find is if you have enought memory after you install the drivers for your video card. I'll try it in knoppix 3.9 and Kanotix right now

    Hasta luego

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    53

    I played bzflag on knoppix and kanotix Live CD

    I used kano's script to install my Radeon drivers in knoppix and kanotix. I'm sure you won't have any problem installing the nVidia drivers.

    In knoppix 3.9:
    The only way I could play bzflag was using klik.

    To use klik, read:
    http://klik.berlios.de/ or look in this forum about it

    install the game using:
    klik://bzflag
    klik://bzflag-server

    I couldn't use apt-get. don't ask me why, I use kanotix

    In kanotix
    I used klik, no problems.
    You can use apt get in kanotix, but you need to use the keys, etc.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    OK, thanx for the reply! I was playing around on an nVidia machine using unionfs on a KNOPPIX 3.8.1 liveCD. I got apt-get to install bzflag but it ran really slowly. I'm going to try KANO's driver next. True, the RAM problem is a limitation....

    Regards,
    AJG

Similar Threads

  1. does knoppix, use aufs? or unionfs? ...still says /UNIONFS..
    By starlyptErin_. in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 10:55 PM
  2. Root file system links to UNIONFS (e.g. bin -> /UNIONFS/b
    By Jim Tonic in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 04:14 AM
  3. unionFS on Kanotix 2005-02
    By drb in forum Klik
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-22-2005, 08:59 PM
  4. Using kanotix like menu at the startscreen - disable unionfs
    By Hendlix in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2005, 11:14 AM
  5. using scripts on the kanotix page
    By helios17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2004, 01:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$239.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2a 8-Core Ryzen Pro 7 5850U 1.90GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2a 8-Core Ryzen Pro 7 5850U 1.90GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM

$300.00



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$319.99



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black

$313.00



Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$329.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11

$229.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50